POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First try: eroded box [png ~38k] : Re: First try: eroded box [png ~38k] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:30:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First try: eroded box [png ~38k]
From: ingo
Date: 28 Jul 2000 14:14:18
Message: <8F7FCD07Bseed7@204.213.191.228>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

>Looks very nice, what kind of calculation do you use?

Generate a "raindrop" with a force between 0 and 10.
Go to the first voxel in the first layer. If value of the voxel is 0, go
to the first voxel in the next layer (=z direction).
Reduce voxel and raindrop by two. Is there still some juice in the drop,
randomly choose a direction +x, -x, +y or -y. Go in that direction till
you hit a voxel that is not 0. Reduce voxel and drop by two. Do so until
raindrop is 0 or you move outside the df3.
Then generate a second drop, goto the second drop of the first layer etc.
Do so for all voxels in the layer. Then start all over again. Do this 20
times for each frame rendered.

>Looks awfully long, 9 hours for every frame or for the whole erosion?

For the whole erosion 20 frames.
>BTW, what resolution does your df3 have (looks like at least 300^3)

150^3

>I'm looking forward to the first "nature scene".

Ingo